Thursday, April 11, 2019

Blue's New Shoes!

When I bought Big Blue, I was aware that the tires were old and a bit cracked and they would need to be replaced before driving for any extensive distances. For many people, "bad" tires are an immediate turn off when it comes to selecting a bus. However, for me, I was getting such a good deal on the cost of the bus that even with the cost of new tires factored in, it was well below what I was expecting to pay outright. While this may not be the right decision for everyone, it was right for me.
When I took Big Blue in for the inspection at Western Mountain, Cliff recommended a tire place (American Tire & Auto Service) for me to go to and told me to ask for Jason. After my initial experience with  Western Mountain, I felt that I could trust them (especially in comparison to my experiences with other auto shops in the past with my car), so I decided to go to their recommended tire shop. Jason was incredibly helpful with answering my questions and getting Blue set up with some new rear wheels and tires. He was fast and persistent in getting in contact with me throughout the process and was always very friendly. I was out of town while the bus was with them, but I picked it up when I got home, about two weeks from when I dropped it off. The four rear tires and wheels cost about $700 in the end, which is actually a pretty solid deal. I still need to replace the front tires, but they aren't in as bad of a condition as the rear ones were, so I'm going to take care of that once I've saved up a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment