Thursday, March 28, 2019

Removing the Seats!








After getting Big Blue home, I was eager to get to work and begin the build!
The first step in the conversion process is to remove the bus seats. I had seen a lot of people in my skoolie groups complaining about how difficult it was for them to remove the seats, which had me a little worried as I had assumed removing the seats would be the easiest part of the entire build. Turns out, I was right! All it took was a socket wrench and about two hours and all 14 seats were up and free from the floor- piece of cake! A few of the bolts were super rusted and snapped in half as soon as I tried to turn them, but for the most part they all came up really easily. I had prepared for it to take much longer to get the job done, so the free time afterwards was unexpected. It was a super hot day, so I went down to a local coffee house and got some Kombucha and cooled off in the AC. A tasty reward for making the first step towards my home on wheels!











No comments:

Post a Comment